Organized for the second time, the International Society of Participatory Mapping (ISPM) conference brings together scholars, planners and practitioners working with participatory mapping and spatial participatory methods. Hosted by Aalto University in Finland, the 2019 conference provides a platform for presenting recent advances within the field of participatory mapping and initiating discussion on the current state and future directions of the research.
Rapidly increasing applications of participatory mapping methods within and beyond academia challenge the community to enhance transdisciplinary collaboration and to advance the circulation of good practice. With the theme “Let the people map”, the ISPM 2019 conference invites us to approach these questions with a special focus on novel ways of facilitating dialog between participatory mapping researchers and practitioners.
All times are Eastern European Summer Time (GMT+3). Please find here a link to the channel that will host the live-stream https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWRwjeg-0P1l5DjAJ-xh4hw.
Here is a list of the live-stream program:
- Monday June 17 10:00-10:45 am Keynote: Professor Greg Brown
- Monday June 17 15:30-17:00 pm Panel discussion ”Research views to participatory mapping”
- Tuesday June 18 09:00-09:45 am Keynote: Senior City Planner Scott Robinson
- Tuesday June 18 09:45-10:30 am Keynote: Professor Billie Giles-Corti
- Tuesday June 18 15:30-16:45 pm Panel discussion ”Views from practice to participatory mapping”
- Wednesday June 19 09:00-09:45 am Keynote: Dr. Sara Ramirez Gomez
- Wednesday June 19 09:45-10:30 am Keynote: Professor Piotr Jankowski